Symphony Hall, Birmingham, April 2004.
- Gipsy Carnival (Krein)
- Nigun (Bloch)
- Banjo and Fiddle (Kroll)
- Romanza Andaluza (Pablo de Sarasate)
- Aus der Heimat (Smetana)
- Légende (Wieniawski)
- Hungarian Dance No. 5 (Brahms)
- Hopak (Mussorgsky)
- Invitation To The Dance (Traditional)
- Moto Perpetuo (Novácek)
- Danse Espagnole (Falla)
- Czardas (Monti)
John is accompanied on the piano by Jo Sealey.
- Recording and mixing: Paul White, Sound on Sound, and Hugh Robjohns, Apple & Pear Productions
- Photography: Jackie Waller
- Making it Possible: Paul Foad and Anthony Waller, Caged Productions, and Councillor John Hemmings.
- Finally, special thanks to Tim Beilby, teacher and mentor.
The making of this CD was featured in Sound On Sound, September 2004, pp 156 – 161.
“….he played some very challenging material with a great deal of passion and maturity. He’s definitely a big name in the making, so it was a privilege to be involved with his first ever serious recording.”